Views: 32 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2023-09-25 Origin: Site
When your cartridge runs out of toner, you must replace it with the correct cartridge for your printer to work properly. Therefore, you need to know the cartridge model first before purchasing and replacing. The following four methods guide you on how to find out what kind of toner cartridge you need for your HP printer.
1. Cartridge Label
The simplest way is to check the cartridge's label. For example, the cartridge model in the picture below is 131A.
2. Check on Printer
1. Enter “Menu” and find “System Setup”
2. Choose “Report” – “Supplies Info.” – “Yes” to print the Supplies Information Page
3. You can see the cartridge model on the page
3. Using HP Support Assistant
1. Open the HP Support Assistant and choose “HP Device Toolbox”
2. Click “Estimated Cartridge Level” to check the cartridge model
4. Using Computer Settings
1. Click the “Settings” button and choose “Devices and Printers”
2. Right-click on your preferred printer and select “Printing preferences”
3. Click “Printer Status” to check the cartridge model
Note: If HP Support Assistant is installed on your computer, you cannot check cartridge model using Settings.
All brandnames and trademarks are the properties of their respective owners and are used for identification purpose only.