Views: 69 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2023-08-14 Origin: Site
HP printers will automatically upgrade the firmware to the latest version if users do not disable related functions, which may block compatible chips. To solve this problem, we can downgrade the firmware to the previous version.
In the following video, we use an HP Color LaserJet Pro M454nw printer to demonstrate the method:
(Note: please make sure your computer is connected to your printer and can function properly.)
1. Decompress the old-versioned firmware file.
2. Open the “EnterpriseDU.ini” file with Notepad.
3. Change “VerifyDownloadID=1” to “VerifyDownloadID=0”, and save.
4. Double-click to run the “EnterpriseDU.exe” file.
5. Select the printer you want to update.
6. When the update succeeds, the printer firmware is downgraded.
Chipjet recommends you not to update the firmware when you receive printer’s message. We also advise you to disable the “automatic update” function:
We also suggest you keep the old-versioned firmware file in your computer so that you can fix the cartridge error problem after firmware update. Leave us a message if you don’t know how to get firmware files, and we will be happy to help you.
All brandnames and trademarks are the properties of their respective owners and are used for identification purpose only.